Monday, March 14, 2011

I Heart You!

Mister,
I love that you like to do Judo and try to learn my "special" Japanese words.

I love that you watch smut TV with me, even at strange hours and laugh right beside me. Even though we know it is just that, smut.

I love that you listen to me when I need to talk about stupid and silly girl drama that truly has nothing to do with my work but seems to always be there.

I love that you will stick around through the hard times. Because you always do and I know in my heart you always will.
I love the man you are and the man that I can see you becoming.

I love watching you listen to our kids and the way you explain things to them so much better than myself.

I love when I see you tuck them in at night when you don't think I am paying attention. My heart swells to sizes I didn't know was possible. I love the Daddy you are.

I love that you can make a joke when I am totally being serious and we both end up laughing.
I love that you understand my constant need for Skinny Cow's to be in the freezer.
I love that you cared I needed help vacuuming.

I love that you keep asking me if I went to the gym but don't criticize when I don't.
I love that you listen to my work stories and even though you have no clue who I am talking about, you laugh when it is funny to me, you hold my hand when I cry, you ask about all of them because you know how much I love them and the big part of my life they become every year. Then you hold me when it is time for me to say goodbye each and every year and smile because you know I will do the same thing all over again in the fall.
I love that you laugh at me when I worry about our kids, about money, about my students, about our families, about life.
Mostly, I just heart you forever and way beyond the moon.

Thanks for being my world!

D-
(I miss your face as usual! Hurry home!)

1 comment:

Bob and Stacy said...

Your silly and sappy, and I love you very much sister! Have a fabulous weekend!