Friday, June 19, 2009

An attempt at being creative.......

I can honestly say that I don't have a clue when it comes to all of the gadgets my camera or the publisher program Ron got for me can do! I just basically turn on my camera or computer and play with all of the buttons. (Remember, I teach Kindergarten, so this really is appropriate for the age group I spend most of my time with!) I envy those of you with a "creative eye" and can use all the tech stuff to have projects turn out wonderful! I am always in awe at your quilts, scrapbooks, wall paintings, video's, and the list goes on. You know who you are!!! For that reason, I have always paid, well for the sake of Ron's blood pressure, let's just say too much for pictures of my kids. However, I saw a project that I dearly fell in love with (Thanks Nikki!) and I just couldn't help but give it a try. Now, Ron would love anything that has our kids in it so it really didn't matter what the end result was. Especially with him gone all the time, I thought he would really appreciate having some pictures of the kids to look at. However, our family doesn't just do for one and not for the others! So, guess what? I got to make one for my sister and one for my cousin! However, the kids are beautiful and that is all that really matters in the end. Please disregard light exposures in faces, next door neighbors rooftops, doors, crooked pictures, etc. Remember, I tried! And using the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, "All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." I tried to just put the three pictures together to give you an idea what the final project looks like. We put the individual pictures into a 3 place vertical frame and the letters spell out the word dad. Please refer back to the previous statement about my technology failures! Hopefully you will enjoy, appreciate the attempt, critique if you must, but most importantly know how much the "Dads" in our family mean to us!
Jonathan and Elizabeth!
Teila and Alyson!
Brenna, Rylee and Jostyn!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just love you Debbie. Your pictures are so beautiful. I got the frame and it is gorgeous.

Thank you for including us. You spoil us.

Love you and I owe you.

Aunt Nana

Teila said...

Thanks sooo much Debbie!!! You are the best!!! This was a really cute idea and I really enjoyed helping you make it! I love you so much!!!

Heidi said...

Debbie,
Those are amazing. Wonderful job!!
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Those are definately one of the cutest ideas for Fathers' Day. I know their dads will love them especially Ron should being away so much. I love them all, the pictures all turned out adorable.

Love you mom

Unknown said...

Debbie you are always saying you have no creativity but this project turned out great. Derek liked it very much and we really appreciate the idea and all of your efforts to pull it off. Not to mention you lugging my kids around everywhere you go. They look forward to their summers so much and all the fun they will have with their Aunt Debbie. Love you and Thank you!

Steve and Tammy said...

They turned out great!! I just love black and white or sepia pictures!! You are amazing no matter what you say! Thank goodness for great friends like you with great ideas!!

J and Ris said...

Good job Debbie! I hope your summer is going good so far. We really need to get together and do something.