Monday, August 10, 2009

JuSt A fEw ThOuGhTs.....


Mister left this morning, with his suitcase in hand (AGAIN!), the kids are still sweetly, sleeping in their OWN beds, the dogs are out snoozing in the kennel and here I am taking a minute to think and smile........

We have had two people pass away in the last three weeks, celebrated my sister turning 40 with a surprise and lots of family and friends, money has been overflowing and then scarce, the summer is over and the to-do list has only three things checked off. However, when you sit and watch the sun come up, the house is paid for and quiet, I just can't help but think about all the things that are right. I thought I would write a list to help me remember. (You know on the days when you just need a simple reminder!!!)

So, today I love.........

1. ... my special man because he is a great secret keeper and holds my hand and always kisses me goodnight, goodbye and good morning! Plus he makes me smile all the time!
2. ... when my brother and his family get to come and play and spend time with us and our children!
3. ...watching my darling daughter smile sweetly when she sleeps!
4. ...having my family close and always a part of my life!!
5. ...the smell of a good rain with clouds still in the sky ready to give us more!
6. ...my friends who listen, never judge and are always there to help me!
7. ...the way our little man thinks and smiles when he is being clever!
8. ...how our family laughs, and laughs A LOT!!!
9. ...how my sister is my best friend and my mom is right there too!!!
10. ...learning new things and being taught how to do them.
11. ...that I know there are people who love me a lot.
12. ...that I am a mommy! We have the best kids ever and they are way too cute!
13. ...my job!!!
14. ...watching Mister talk to our kids and how their eyes are eager and dancing to see what he will say or do next!
15. ...being able to be a part of my neices life every day!
16. ...seeing our kids play when they think no one is watching!
17. ...watching the kids sleep with the dogs all curled up with one rubbing an ear, the other snuggled in close.
18. ...seeing how truly unbelievable my brother and sister are and the wonderful talents that they have and the beautiful families they have created!!!
19. ...receiving mail! (Snail, e or text!)
20. ...how my life has turned out! I wouldn't change a thing!!! Who wudda thought!!?!?!??!!?

Just thought I would write some of it down. Just thought I should take some time to remember. Just thought I should think about all of the things that I absolutely love today!

1 comment:

Bunnell's said...

Debbie...You are such a good person! We had great plans to do fun things this summer. I am so sad it is almost coming to a close. We need to have some fun still:) We miss you. You are in our conversations often. You have such a beautiful impact on these eager little beings...They truly love you!!!