Saturday, September 20, 2008

Check out the Wildcat WOW's!!!

Our kids came home from school with Wildcat Wow's. We aren't exactly sure what these are but it must be very exciting because they both expected special prizes for their efforts. Apparently, if you are caught doing something above and beyond, the teacher will give you a Wildcat Wow. The bottom part goes into a drawing for a prize and the top part goes home for the parents. (Maybe for us to give them a prize!??!!) Anyways, the kids were very excited and we were very proud and it was nice that they both got one on the same day. To be honest, this helped in a small way remind me that the kids will be fine in another school. It has been so nice to see Elizabeth smile and be happy everyday and they both have made friends that live around our neighborhood. I like that and Ronie reminds me that it is also a very important part of school. (I can't comprehend that!! School is for learning! haha!) The whole situation has been better than we all could have imagined. Friends of ours, have been walking the kids home (Thanks Armbrusters!!! You are wonderful and we couldn't have asked for better friends!!!) and the kids have their homework done and can be involved in sports without the "rush here to get there" that they were being put through coming out to Kuna! Not to mention the fact that they can get a whole lot more sleep! I still miss them but can already see the advantages and we have only been in school for a month!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dearest Ryan's!

It was fun watching the game today. Ducks and BSU. I don't watch football. But have learned a little more when I was in Eugene to appreciate the sport. So I don't really take stock in choosing sides but today was fun just seeing the green and yellow. And texting you!

I diffently think the better team won today. But there was a day when the Ducks where good also.

You diffently have good friends that just means that your must be a good friend also.

I love you guys. Glad I didn't miss a game. Was crushed when I couldn't make it. Priorities are hard sometimes.

Love you all!!!

Aunt Nana

Teila said...

Wow you guys! Do you know what you did that was so spectacular? (that is my big word for the day!) Well, I hope you guys get a really amazing prize!

Anonymous said...

Good job Jon and Lizzy , you two are doing so good and it is so cool to watch you two walk together down the sidewalk to the playground every morning. You are so lucky to have each other. Love you
grandma Terry

J and Ris said...

I am so glad that your kids are surviving at WillowCreek! I knew that they would and I'm glad that mom has adjusted to this new situation! I figured it wouldn't take you too long to realize that you are a strong mom and capable of many things- even letting the kids go to a different school! Good job Deb!!! I'm proud of ya!