Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Time To Dance, or not....we will have to see!


Elizabeth's dance classes started again. Trying to get her across town, in her dance clothes and to class on time is going to be a challenge but she wanted to so here we go. She is still in a combo that is 1/2 tap and 1/2 ballet, so it was nice that we didn't have to make the choice of which class she really wants to be in. However, when the girls came out from class they were very upset! Now that they are older, they have to wear their hair in buns, pull back their bangs and not wear skirts anymore! This apparently is tragic in the life of a 7 year old girl (actually to all of them because they were all clearly upset when they came out and they love their teacher) and she was ready to quit the minute we got in the car. Her words were...."Are they trying to say that girls that have bangs are not beautiful? Does that mean that I am wrong because I have bangs? Mom, I think that is prejudice and I can't dance for people like that!" How in the world does my little girl even know what the word prejudice is?!?!?! Anyways, we shall see what happens. She has been told she will have stay in dance until December because we have signed a contract and that is a commitment (blah, blah, blah... you know the parenting spiel about not going back on your word and people are counting on you, etc.) but our dancing career may be soon over! Hum...what will we do with all of our time?!??!!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have an idea. I can put her hair in a pony tail with bangs when she goes to school, then when she goes to dance all you will have to do is slick back her bangs and put the pony into a bun. twa la, no big deal.

Bob and Stacy said...

Trust me, bangs are totally over rated. In fact hair in general is over rated! Hey by the way I'm checking (yes a day late but still) and there is no football news (well my fantasy football team is winning, but I am refering to another team I'm interested in that played yesterday), and there was no further texting yesterday. What's up?

J and Ris said...

How fun is that- she's got opinions and she knows how to express herself! Thanks for the fun posts!