Sunday, September 7, 2008

Losing is a little easier, when there is a fun tunnel at the end of a hard game!

Jonathan had his first official football game on Saturday. I am not wanting to sound like one of those crazy "team mommies" but I do feel I have to voice my concern. We played a team from Middleton and let's just say that it kindof looked like David and Goliath out there! I am pretty sure there was some cheating going on with the weight limit but hey, who am I to complain? Along with the weight concerns, their players towering over ours, it made it a hard situation for our boys! Plus, I must say their coach was a little out of line and maybe taking the game a little too seriously. But, the Bulldogs (that is us) did great and they showed a lot of heart and hung in there until the very end! The score ended up being 20-8 but we were proud of them and think they did great no matter what the scoreboard was showing at the end of the game.
On the flip side, some of Jonathan's friends from Judo showed up to watch him play and that meant the world to him and to us. It really shows the relationships we have built over the past 2 years in Judo and the support our children have. How I have missed them now that we have football every night and are not in our routine. Jonathan was elated and we couldn't have asked for a better surprise! Thanks Tina and Boys! Plus lots of our family came so Jonathan had quite the cheering section. We felt very honored that you all would spend the afternoon with us in the hot sun watching our little man hit the field! Please come again and if you didn't make it this time, we would love to have you!!!

4 comments:

Bob and Stacy said...

Never fun to lose, but remember the real fun comes from the love of the game. Keep doing your best Jon. Greyson thinks you look mean in your gear! He asked me if he could come play on your team but I told him he needs to be able to walk first!

Brisfam said...

Hey...I never received an email with the info for Sat...Sorry we weren't able to make it.! Val ended up in Fruitland for some Judo thing & I felt like #$#@$#..so I probably wouldn't have been that much fun anyway. Send a schedule to my email & we'll hook up later.! Also, when do you want to have a Judo Booster meeting??? Call me!

Anonymous said...

It was a hard football game and the red(bulldogs) did a great job. I was so proud of Jonathan and was so happy he wasn;t one of the boys laying on the field from time to time. Waiting to see if they were going to get up okay was a little troubling and would have been even worse if it would have been Jon. He is so handsome in his football uniform, there is just something about a man in uniform. You looked tough too but certainly handsome. Great game and we all got sunburned to prove we were there.

Love ya lots
Grandma Terry

rkdines said...

Great job Jon! I give him all the credit in the world just for getting out there- football scares me!:)