Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Miss Ronie Already!

Can I vent about the day? Oh my goodness! I have been trying to be a good Mom,relax and be strong because Ronie left for Montana today but the day has been nothing but easy! Actually work went good today (I had to be a little mean and I hate that but the kids did great and I so enjoy them when they work hard and get excited about learning!) but I stayed late so we were already rushed getting dinner before football. However, in a desperate attempt to eat before 8:30 and then put the kids straight to bed, we cheated and went to McDonalds. I must say that was a perfect idea because Tuesday is 1/2 off night on Happy Meals so to feed us all, it was around $5.00. (A wonderful student had already brought me homemade snickerdoodles so the "eating right" thing was already blown for the day! Those were wonderful by the way! Thanks Ris and Kenzie!!!)
So off to football we go. This might be a good time to say how I was bragging to my mom just this morning about how I am actually enjoying football because Liz has been bringing her scooter and we get to watch her play and watch Jonathan practice, so it has been a nice family event. (The football parents don't really talk to Ronie and I~we aren't in the 3 year club, so it has really just been just us.) Well, tonight Ms. Elizabeth decided football wasn't the thing for her. (Did I tell you I was just telling my Mom how wonderful it has been?!?!?!) and she was mad that no one was there, she didn't want to be there, etc. etc. etc. You know how kids like to just hang on their parents and whine closer into their ear? Well that is what she was doing with her scooter in her hands and she was picking it up and dropping it to make her point known to the world her dislike for what was happening and horrible her mom was for bringing her to a playground to play. UGH! I should also mention that her scooter is well loved and the cushioned handlebars have fallen off so it is just tattered metal that she hangs on to. The scooter ended up dropping and falling on my toe. OUCH!! I looked down and there was a little blood and when she saw that she finally felt bad and started to cry. Okay, teachable moment about making the best of a bad situation. After 2-3 minutes of what I thought was nothing short of a fabulous parenting speech, I looked down and my brown flip flop was now completely filled with red blood. All I could think of is we have to get home, we have to get this cleaned up, this is a mess! Elizabeth saw my foot and then the REAL crying started happening in front of these very cool football moms that make no mistakes, their children make no mistakes, their hair is perfect, they have the "in" clothes, and the list goes on and on. I pick up Elizabeth with one arm, left all of my papers that I had on my lap (trying to do my job of making sure my students feel successful and their work is of great importance) and walk to the car to drive home and see what in the world was going on. So my toe hurts, Ronie is gone, I have to go to another training tomorrow so there will be a sub tomorrow in my room, my kids are not done with their homework and I am exhausted! I miss Ronie! It is hard getting through a day without your best friend! Especially when you need someone to look at a sore toe!!!

5 comments:

Bunnell's said...

oh Debbie...Can I just tell you that we love you so much!! You are our private hero!

I am sorry Ronie has to be gone...that flat out stinks! We need a girls night out!

Nikki

J and Ris said...

Look at you multi-tasking!!! I'm very impressed with how your night went and am glad to know that you aren't that perfect person I thought you were! I'm glad that you felt that way about football. That's how it was when my oldest played his first year too! What's up with that? Glad you enjoyed the cookies. Hope your toe heals good and you survive without your hubby! If you can survive a year with kindergarteners you can survive your best friend gone for a little bit!

Aunt Tam said...

Sorry Deb about your toe and that Ronie had to be out of town when you got hurt. However, it seems that you have handled the situation very well. I thought I should leave a comment before my whole family thinks that I have abandoned them.

Love Ya,
Sis

Teila said...

I'm sorry about your toe Debbie! It looks like she killed you. I know that kinda sucks when you kinda mess up in front of all the "cool" people. I did that to, earlier this week, I was running to get Mackenzie's volleyball and the ground was all muddy, but I didn't notice. So I was running at full speed and I slip on my butt and have mud and grass all over me! I still had 2 more classes left in the day too! But I guess that's better than having all of them to go! Well I'm really sorry about your toe and I hope it starts feeling better soon! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie that toe looks nasty do you need a walking boot I could find one for you. Ha Ha. After reading your blog for today I thought of the song by Trace Atkins your going to miss this. Trust me you will. These childhood days go by so fast.

Love ya all Phyllis