Monday, September 15, 2008

OuR lItLe ElIzAbEtH

Ronie took Jonathan to football tonight so that Liz and I could finish her homework and spend some girl time together. I have been listening to the Mama Mia soundtrack on the way to work lately. (If you haven't heard it, I highly recommend it!) Anyways, there is a song about a little girl that is going off to school and the Mom is sad about how quickly her little one is growing up. I think I shed a few tears everytime that song comes on because my little Elizabeth is growing up so very fast too! Let me quote some of the song.
"I'm glad whenever I can share her laughter
That funny little girl
Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time
Do I really see what's in her mind
Each time I think I'm close to knowing
She keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time."

So after Elizabeth's homework, I thought we better have a sit down chat and have her answer a few questions before she grows up and I never have them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed asking them. There were a few when we couldn't stop laughing! These are what perfect moments are made of! Here they are, straight from her mouth as I asked them:
Name: Elizabeth Ann Ryan ("But you can call me Lizzy or Lil' Bit)
Age: I am 7. (Giggle, giggle "Mom, you should know that!!)
Favorite Color: Pink
Favorite Animal: A dolphin (giggle, giggle again!)
Favorite Number: 7
Favorite Letter: "Hey, maybe L for Lizzy!"
Favorite TV Show: Drake and Josh (I was wrong on that one, I would have said Hannah Montana)
Favorite Movie: Princess Diaries
Favorite Toy: Computer (Does she have one of these? This leads me to understand why our computer isn't working so well these days! haha!)
Favorite Ice Cream: "I can't have icecream but icecream is GOOD!!!
Favorite Sport: "Is piano a sport?"
Favorite Breakfast: Grandma Terry's waffles with strawberries and whip cream!
Favorite Dinner: Mac n cheese (Now that is an easy girl to please!!!)
Favorite Dinner Restaurant: TGI Fridays
Favorite Snack: Skittles
Favorite Thing To Do Inside: Play the piano
Favorite Thing To Do Outside: Jump on the trampoline or swim with my cousins.
Favorite Song: Full Circle or Fly on the Wall
What do you want to be when you grow up? Teacher (Mom sheds a happy tear! Oh no, she will be poor, now it turns to a little sad tear!)
What do you want to drive when you turn 16? A VW Bug (Her dad sheds a tear!)
If you could change your name, what would it be? Miranda
If you could buy anything you want, what would you buy? A laptop (A big step from a mac n cheese girl!)
Favorite Vacation: Beach trips or visits to Uncle Bob and Aunt Stacy!

She is truly amazing and brings so much to our family! We love you Elizabeth Ann Ryan!

6 comments:

Bob and Stacy said...

Yeah Liz, your coming to visit really soon! We are SO excited for you guys to come!!! You really are growing up quick!

Bunnell's said...

so so cute...I love the questions what a good mama!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey lizzy mom's right you kids grown up to fast. Hard to believe you are a second grader. See you on thursday. love ya grandma Phyllis

Anonymous said...

This was fun to read all about you Liz. You are growing up fast and I am so proud of you. You are doing really well on the piano too. Keep up the good work.

Love ya lots
Grandma Terry

Anonymous said...

Well thanks for the Tears this morning. :)
This is quite informational. I vote for the waffles at Grandma Terry's too!!!

We are very proud of Lizzy. Such a joy.

We love you!!!!

Aunt Nana

Teila said...

Oh, Liz, you are the sweetest little thing! We love ya to pieces and I hope you never grow up all the way so you can still be my little Lizzer-bo-bizzer! Love ya Liz!