Monday, December 29, 2008

PrEpArInG fOr SaNtA!!!!!

When everyone had left for the night and the house was somewhat picked up (haha!!), we did our traditional set out milk and cookies for Santa, apples for the reindeer, (We were out of carrots so we improvised! I was NOT heading to the store, even though our children were bawling and quite certain that Rudolph was going to starve and it would be all our fault and...and...and...! There goes my Mom of the Year award!!!) a special letter
(I am not even going to comment on our kids spelling! I will tell you that it is going to be something that will be worked on in the near future! Yikes!!!) and a quick check on Nordic Tracker to see where Santa was. Luckily, he was in Delaware when we checked so we were just in time to get settled in our beds!! Do you think these precious children are sleeping? NOT A CHANCE!!!!

3 comments:

Bob and Stacy said...

We checked Santa's progress too. he was in iceland when we checked. Looks like you guys had a good Christmas. We missed you guys but maybe we can be together next year.

Teila said...

Hahaha! I wish I had a tradition like that! I didn't even know there was such a thing to actually track Santa and see where he was! I'm glad you all got to bed on time or Lizzy would be very sad if their new laptop never came! ;-) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Don't the kids look like little angels all tucked in their beds while visions of sugar plums dance in their head. I actually think it was visions of Santa dancing in their heads.

We used to not get very much sleep on Christmas eve because of little children trying to get up all night.

Love ya Grandma Terry