Sunday, December 14, 2008

Welcome Winter!

We made a quick decision to go up to the cabin to get a start on blowing the snow and getting it off the roof before it becomes too deep. I have to admit that I wasn't that thrilled about going because there are so many other things we need to be doing right now (Plus I had made plans for us to go to Elisha's birthday party! Sorry Elisha and family! Thanks for understanding! We are sorry we missed out! We did miss you!) but once you get up in the mountains and you see the gorgeous outdoors....life slows down and it just feels right. There wasn't that much snow when we got up there but we awoke to LOTS of snow and it continued snowing during the day and was still going strong when we finally left. Ronie got to use the new "snow blower" (I swear he was like a kid with a brand new toy!) and we all played in the snow. Bailey was happy doggy too!!! Nothing is better than enjoying a winter wonderland while spending time with our kids! Hum......why is it the minute you get back you start to feel the pressure of a clean house, groceries needing bought, laundry needing finished, kids projects needing completed and bills to be paid!?!?!? We need to figure out a way to bring a little of the mountains/cabin down with us!!!

3 comments:

Brisfam said...

I'm so jealous! I want to get away to a cabin...I'm tired of the same ol' same ol'....oh wait..I've got my bombshells to keep me warm at night..!! Okay..I had to rant a little..!! Just trying to make myself tired enough to go to bed...Ho hum...!! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture in the Boise State Santa hats, they are so cute. It looks like so much fun up at the cabin, and the snow is so beautiful. I missed you while I was gone.

Love Grandma Terry

J and Ris said...

I so love the pic of your 2 kiddos with their Boise hats on! I need to update pics on my blog! You are so on top of things! It just makes me feel like such a slacker to see you do all that you do (and you do it all so well!)