Saturday, June 7, 2008

What A Day!! Talk About Memories!!!

Well our baby girl just turned 7, on the 7th and we were informed that this is the "Golden Birthday" which is the most special one of them all. So Grandma, Grandma Great, Aunt Nana, Jonathan and I made her the perfect breakfast of strawberries, whip cream and waffles. Not a bad way to start the day. We tried to put it off until tomorrow when her party is actually scheduled but she felt (being the princess and all) that some extra special measures needed to be taken on the actual day and all of its splendor.
Our family also had plans to attend a promotional BBQ for Jonathan's Judo club. We went last year and it is always a great time to be with the great friends we have formed throughout the two years we have been involved. Usually, we eat, chat, laugh and then some of the kids get promoted to a higher rank. Jonathan was indeed promoted to a yellow belt from a white/yellow and we were/are so proud of him. Teila was also promoted to a yellow/orange belt from a yellow and we were/are very proud of her. After the belts were awarded, the Sensei's gave out special awards for the judoka (Special word for judo student-see I am learning!) that have shown great achievements throughout the year. Teila was given an award for having the best Judo spirit and we were/are all very excited and pleased with that. Then, there is a BIG trophy that is housed at our Dojo and is given each year to the judoka that displays the best sportsmanship. It is a HUGE honor and is usually given to an older student that has been in Judo for a while. The Sensei gave a little speech about the student earning the award this year and how he shows what Judo is all about, on and off the mat, that he is kind, caring, helpful and is eager to learn all he can. Well, this year, that judoka is our son, Jonathan. Can I tell you how proud I was/am of him? I was all full of pride and then I saw his Dad (who has won this award twice in the past) and you could tell he was even more excited than myself. Now, we all know that Jonathan is a great kid and a hard worker but to have two Sensei's see it and boast about him in front of everyone, that is a moment that any parent will cherish forever. Jonathan hasn't quit smiling and I am almost positive that his Dad hasn't either.

5 comments:

Grandma Terry said...

I am so proud of you Jonathan, that is greatest award you could have gotten. Teila I am so proud of you too as having spirit gets everyone going. God has given you both very special gifts.
Lizzy I can't believe you are 7 but it was fun starting your birthday off at my house with breakfast.
I hope you enjoyed the special cake you asked me to make for today. Now tomorrow more celebrating and more cake and presents, whoopee!
Aly don't feel left out, your birthday is coming right up.

Love all of you
Grandma Terry

Aunt Tam said...

Wow! What a cool blog! Thank you so much for sharing my kids on your family blog as I doubt I will ever get it together enough to have one. (Maybe Teila can help me.) Anyhow, Jonathan we are so proud of you. Such a neat day. Jon and Teila both received special awards on Lizzy's b-day. (Liz it was so nice of you to share your birthday with Jon and Teila).

Love you all so very much....and cant wait to party more today.

Love,

Aunt Tam

Unknown said...

That is so great!! Good job Jonathon!!

Tammy and Zack

Bunnell's said...

Oh...Mrs. Debbie...I am so glad to find your blog! We so love you! You did such a great job with Easton. He is having a hard time going up a grade. That means a lot to a parent! SUPER cute family! Yay...for blogs. Keep in touch!

Nikki Bunnell

Bob and Stacy said...

way to go guys! That is awesome. Keep up the good work!