Saturday, July 19, 2008

Are You Ready For Some FOOTBALL?!?!?!


Yup, you guessed it! Football season is almost upon us! Nothing better than spending the day watching your son learning about the best game on earth and getting to see some of the boys in blue at the same time! Jonathan had his first ever football camp today. It was all morning and it was hot and to be honest, our little man didn't feel the best, but he was eager to get up and go!

The day ended with a great pep talk from Coach Villiami Tuivai (for those of you who don't recognize the name he is our Boise State linebacker coach. He told the kids (I need to say kids because believe it or not, there were several girls there!) that they needed to #1) Learn #2) Practice #3) Have a great attitude. Then he showed off his 5 bowl rings. WOW! I just wanted to ask if I could wear one (Okay just touch one!) and take a picture but Ron told me no. Of course one of them was the ever famous Fiesta Bowl Championship ring. Double Wow!!!

Ron and I were very impressed with his speech, the organization of the camp and our new coach for Jonathan this season. He worked with Jon all day! We all left with some more Bronco Nation Pride (Is it possible to have more?) and our son exhausted! In fact, when we got him home, he took a 4 1/2 hour nap!

3 comments:

Bob and Stacy said...

Wow that's quite a nap, I'd sure like to have one of those! Do you know what position you want to play Jon? Remember, the guy with the ball is the target for the ENTIRE other team. Just something to keep in mind!

Teila said...

Hey buddy! Sounds like your football camp is going well! I'm sorry you aren't feeling so hot...neither am I! Well I'll talk to you guys later!

Grandma Phyllis said...

Look's like you had a good time. I think Mom & Dad did too.