Thursday, November 13, 2008

Head of the Class!!

We were invited at conferences to come to an assembly today to celebrate the top 5 students in Elizabeth's class! As I am sure you guessed, one of them was our little Lizzy! We were so excited to come and watch her get acknowledged for a great performance during the 1st quarter. However, Mrs. Curtis made us even prouder when we went to pick Liz up after the assembly. I guess there is a little girl in Elizabeth's class that has been very shy and hardly ever does her work. At conferences, I guess the parents shared with Mrs. Curtis how the little girl always goes home and talks about how sweet and smart Elizabeth is and how she even wants to be "smart like Lizzy". Then Mrs. Curtis went on to share how every since the conference, the little girl has been raising her hand, turning in her homework and trying very hard! Oh my! So Liz seems to be adjusting just fine! We are so very proud of her! I still get a little teary eyed when I think about it!!!! Way to go Elizabeth!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lizzy!! I am so proud of you. What an example you are and the fruit are already showing. I love you and keep up the good work.

Aunt Nana

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lizzy! We are so proud of you! What an accomplishment! Keep up the great work! I can't believe you are a 2nd grader already! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Super Lizzy, congratulations!
That is so cool and Grandma Great and I are so proud of you. I love that you help the other little girl in your class, that is the greatest of all. Every day we say make someone else have a good day and you did it. Way to go.

Love ya
Grandma Terry

Armbruster's said...

Awesome Job LIZ!!!!!!! It is such a big thing getting picked as top student! Keep up the good work!

Brisfam said...

Well, haven't you been the busy little mommy....I'm so impressed!