Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kids in "BIG" Church...

Okay, no pic (Sorry, but I didn't bring my camera to church!)but I need to share a sweet story about church today. When there is a month with 5 weeks the kids are asked to worship with their parents. So this morning (coming from experience) we packed up a special "keep quiet bag" and off we headed to church! The kids sang with us(I love to hear them sing) and for the most part the kids did perfect. All in all, I am pretty proud and realizing my kids are getting older and we can handle these Sundays with much more grace. This was all before we head up front for communion (I have never let my kids have communion with us until today but that is another LONG story. Let's just say Thanks Uncle Bob for helping these silly parents through some of our parenting struggles!) Anyways, as we get up to the front of the church, I see Ron start to grab Liz's hand because she is almost running back to our seat. Hum... However, as we stopped to take communion, Jonathan starts to make this wonderful gagging noise. Not too loud but loud enough for the people in front, the people behind us and those already back sitting in their seats to have a little giggle. When we got back to our pew Jonathan gives me an explanation. "You guys sure do have the strong stuff! That was horrible!!! The juice in our Kid's Church tastes much better." After we finish trying to keep quiet and stop laughing hysterically, Liz explains to Ronie that she didn't understand that we needed to stop because as she put it, "Downstairs we use the Grab and Go method!" Oh my! You gotta love my kids!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are precious memories and I love that they are at church learning. I remember when I was with my dad and grandma at the Luthern church after communion and they have real wine. I told my dad he really smelled bad when he came back from taking it and not too quietly either.

I don't remember what I didn't like about the smell of that wine but at that time it smelled different from anything I had smelled before.

Oh well.

Love ya Grandma Terry

J and Ris said...

You gotta love our kids when they grow up but love it more when they still act like kids!

Bob and Stacy said...

Yep she's your daughter all right! What juice do they give them downstairs? Upstairs they should be using just regular grape juice. Perhaps they give them half strength downstairs? I'm glad I could help with the parenting delima, I'm always here for ya!