Thursday, August 14, 2008

Check out the little man in full pads!!!


Tonight was the first night of football practice that Jonathan was able to wear all of the required equipment! All I can say is FUN-NY! First of all, most of the boys can barely hold their heads up with the helmet so they are constantly using their hands to push up their little heads. Then today (combined with the heat!) adding the enormous pads and the padded pants to the attire, they just rolled around on the field and some of them even needed help getting back up. Too cute! They all looked the same....For a visual, think 22 bobble heads in football gear, rolling around but making sure to beat on each others helmets if and when they get back up! Oh my!!!! Oh my, oh my!!! Jonathan did great (Well, Dad is out showing him different techniques so I am not sure great is the appropriate word!) and it was a hoot to watch them. I am not too pleased with the major grass stains on the perfectly white pants (Does anyone have any idea how to wash those things?) but it was fun to watch him learn a sport that he has loved pretty much his whole life. I know Ronie was getting the football bug as he watched because half way through practice he was up and walking around. (Last time he started to do that in Judo, he ended up on the mat, so maybe new coach?!?!?!) Elizabeth was able to go and visit her bestest friend Miranda for 1/2 the practice and then came back to pose for some pictures and the older girls even did some cheers for the boys. Football season is definatly upon us and we couldn't be happier.....I am really worried about getting those pants cleaned though.......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jon you look so big and older with all your uniform on. I must say a handsome football player and tough looking guy. You must have been so hot with all that on today, because it was a very hot day, I don't know how you did it. I guess all those hot practices in the dojo helped.
Liz you and Miranda looked cute as always. Missed you tonight though.

Love ya Grandma Terry

Armbruster's said...

Ha Ha I know whatcha mean. When I saw Jon I thought he was gonna tip over! :) hahahahha he is gonna love it. The girls wanna teach the younger girls to be his cheerleader so maybe next year they might have a whole cheerleading squad lined up to cheer Jon on! :) Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

I think he looks great. But those helmets are heavy and uncomfortable. Diffently smething to get use to.

Well bleach my darling for those grass stains. Also oxy clean might to the trick also. But I always used bleach.

Love ya
Aunt Nana

Sherry said...

Hi Debbie, it's Brandi's mom. Had to laugh as I was visualizing all the lil bobble heads haha too funny.
Oxi clean will get the grass stains out. Hey it works for the blood mama gets on her white socks when I hit her ( not on purpose) with the wheelchair and even works at my granddaughters greasy KFC work shirt, so yeah should take the grass stains out. Make a paste first soak about 5 min then wash.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jon you look great in uniform. Brings back memories of your dad playing many many many years ago. Debbie to get the stains out use spray and wash in the can,don't know why but it worked the best. Who decided football players should wear white????
Love ya Grandma Phyllis

Bob and Stacy said...

What's wrong with grass stains? This is football! You look good Jon, don't let your mom fool you about being a bobble head. Just keep your guard up and hit someone hard!

Teila said...

You look sweet dude! Just be careful not too tip over, or get smashed, that doesn't feel very good :-). And Debbie, grass stains are good, it shows how hard he has been working!