Saturday, August 23, 2008

Playin' on the Smurf Turf!!!


So the little man got to play on the blue! Today was the BIG optimist Jamboree at Boise State and Jonathan got to play his first football game. There were 250 teams that played and got their pictures taken today. CRAZY!! Six minutes on offense and six minutes on defense for each team. Jonathan is the number 33 and his position is tight end. He did great and it was the best to see him walk on the field that he holds very dear to his heart. Our team scored! Yipee! But it ended with a tie game. Not bad for the first time many of these boys have ever played with pads and helmets! Go Bulldogs!

3 comments:

Bob and Stacy said...

Way to go Jon, while I didn't see the scrimage you guys look tuff in the pictures! Hope you guys had a great time out on the lake, we enjoyed the fair (even Greyson, who sometimes doesn't care for crowds and lots of noise!)

Anonymous said...

How proud you look Jonathan to walk on that field. I know this was a very special moment in your life. My favorite player of course is #33, you are doing great. All those practices out in the 100 degree weather had to be tough but you made it.
You are so good looking in that uniform I might add.

Love you
Grandma Terry

Anonymous said...

Jon you look great. You are really growing up. I wish I could have been there. If my memory wouldn't have forgotten I would of. You are going to have to call me and let me know when these games are.

We are so proud of you.

Love Aunt Nana