Saturday, August 23, 2008

I lOvE tHiS mAn!

Our 12th Anniversary has come and gone (Bad blogger, bad!) but I have to take a minute (A minute is all I have!) to say how lucky I am to be married to my best friend! In many ways, it is hard to believe that it has been 12 years but on the other hand, I cannot imagine ever not having Ron in my life! I am so very blessed! In honor of our 12th, here are 12 reasons why I love being married to this man....
1) He loves me no matter what! Probably shocking to all of you but I can be a little moody at times (Haha! I am working on it though!) but he stays calm and collected no matter how much I try to get him all worked up!
2) He works hard and provides everything we need! He goes in to work so very early and is usually the last one to leave. I know he doesn't always want to but he does it for us!
3) He likes to laugh! (Okay, mostly at me but he likes to laugh and I adore his smile! When he has his sunglasses on and smiles, he is one fine specimen!)
4) He understands my need to be around my family! After my dad died, I have a very strong need to be close to the ones I love. I LOVE the fact that even when it is a little too much, he understands and is right there beside me!
5) He loves our kids and communicates with them in such a special way! I love to listen to him explain things to them and take the time to help them understand! What a great daddy!
6) He values friendships and is very loyal! (Great example for our kids and me!) Ron is the only one I know that still calls his BFF from elementary school, his BFF! No matter where they are or what they are doing, Ron will be a friend forever and nothing will ever change.
7) He enjoys the water! (Well, now he does!) This took some doing but he has become a little fish and I couldn't be happier! It is hard to imagine when I first met him, he could have cared less for the water and now he is the one begging me to go out on the lake!
8) He loves the ocean! I can't wait until we retire at the coast and can sit in beach chairs, holding hands and watching the surf!
9) He understands my panic at the beginning of each school year (I know it is crazy but I am always terrified each year just as much as I was the first year I was teaching), the craziness during the year (How many men do you know that ok the purchase of white wedding cake for a letter Q and U wedding?!?!) and then he awaits patiently until my tearful goodbyes stop.
10) He enjoys just hanging out and watching our kids grow up. He likes to have fun and can make an ordinary day fun just by being there!
11) He is a fanatic about Boise State Football!
12) He can make me happy with a smile, he knows when I need him close without me even saying a word, he is content with who I am and helps me to be the best I can be just by being by my side!
Happy Anniversary Ron! I have enjoyed every minute of our lives together and cannot wait for the next million more! I love you!!!

3 comments:

J and Ris said...

Congrats on you anniversary! We had our 12 years in June! Kenzie is so excited to be in your class. I'm glad that your hubby is supportive of all that you do in your class. Madison loved your class and I'm sure you'll be just as great if not better this year! Thanks Ron for having such a wonderful wife! I loved the pic of the kids at the door!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary

May you two have many many more and may you always get butterflies in your stomach when you see each other walk in door. I did and your dad and I had been married 26 years.

Love
mom

hlynnthomas said...

Debbie that is so sweet and so nice to hear how much you guys mean to each other. The world needs more Debbie and Ronnies it would be alot happier place!!!! Happy Anniversary!! Heidi