Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Ronie!

Ronie turned 34 on Saturday. I was really hoping to make it a great birthday that he would always remember. You know, the ones you had when you were a kid and you thought nothing could top it?!?!? I am to the point now that I believe that you just can't plan for those "magical" birthdays and especially not for my husband! First of all, he has been wanting a bike. Yes, I said bike!! (See where I got the "magical birthday when you are a kid"!) However, with Ron, he always has something very specific in mind and nothing else will ever do. So I have been searching for this particular bike for over 2 months now and apparently, I was searching at the wrong time because 2008 bikes are not being made anymore and it is too early for the 2009 models. Did you know this could happen for a bike? By the time I actually found one, I no longer cared for it to be a surprise. I wanted him to know the hours (NO JOKE!) that I had spent on the phone talking the sales person into selling me the bike instead of some poor soul (Whom I felt didn't need it as bad as we did! Haha!)that had the only one left in Idaho, on hold! There goes the "magical" surprise I had in store for him because the moment the man said the bike could be ours, I had Ron rush to the store to pick it up before he changed his mind!! Needless to say, Ron's birthday was spent at his work's BBQ and free car races after. I am not saying it wasn't a good day, but more of a typical day and not so magical! However, for what it is worth, Happy Birthday Ronie! We love you and hope this year brings you much happiness! Hopefully, we will find some "magical" moments throughout the year! Oh yea, I am posting a picture of the bike. If you like it, sorry there are only 2 more left in CA. However, you can wait until Sept. for the 2009 models!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ron! Thanks for the dinner and the wonderfull evening. We had a blast.

We love you and love having you in the family. You are very special.

Happy Birthday!

Love the Bike. Debbie you are such a good wife. Looking long and hard for the right bike. Kuddo's to you.

Love you guys so much

Aunt Nana

Bob and Stacy said...

So you broke down and got him the bike huh? Good for you, he deserves it. Now maybe you need to get one so you can keep the family together!