Saturday, August 23, 2008

School Dayz


The kids are back at school already. Is it just me or did this summer really fly by? We made a family decision and decided to put the kids in our neighborhood school instead of taking them out with me. It was an extremely hard day for me realizing that I was just a mommy and didn't know anyone, any teachers, the schedule or the kids. (Thanks to those of you who called and checked up on me! I appreciate the support.) I suppose you all knew that I was a control freak but I realized just how much of one I was when I went to drop them off. Elizabeth has Mrs. Curtis and Jonathan's teacher is Ms. Woodfield. We shall see how the year progresses. I don't know anything about them, their teaching styles, their likes and dislikes, and the list goes on. Now I know how all of those parents feel when they leave their kids with me. I have seen their faces and wondered why they were so apprehensive. Well, I had that same face and couldn't wait until 3:35 arrived to hear how my babies were! Oh my! In my brain I know we have thought this through and this seems to be the best thing for them, but my heart tells me that my babies belong with me! Maybe it would help if I would get some paperwork home telling me who these people are that are teaching my kids.....would it be too much to ask for a background check and a teaching philosophy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a very fast summer and how the kids are growing up. I wish time could slow down a little.
Jon and Liz look very cute to start their first day of school. I don't think I am prejudice.

Love you guys
Grandma Terry

Anonymous said...

First day at school is always a scary one. Change is hard. The kids look great. I know they will do great where ever they go because you taught them well.

Enjoy your job not worrying about having your kids wait for you.
At work at least.

I love you

Have a great school year!

Love
Aunt Nana

Teila said...

They are the sweetest Debber! I hope they get along with all the new people at their school. But it will be good for them because they are kids from the neighborhood and if they every wanted to go to their friends house, it will be a lot closer for you to drive and take a quick peek once in a while if you needed too! Have a great school year!