Monday, October 6, 2008

Family Times are the Best of Times......

as well as some controlled chaos! Our family is well, the best way to say it is special. I am not sure you can put it any other way. We think we are normal, we think there is nothing special about us, we actually believe there is no other way. However, as we get older and others join into our family, we are learning that some might think differently! That being said, I believe the utmost important fact about our family is that we love each other deeply and that when we get together, we like to have fun and we actually enjoy each others company! Maybe it is strange that we like to be around each other, maybe it is strange that we like to tell good story that makes your belly hurt from laughing, maybe it is because joking and goofing off is always prevalent when we get together. I am not sure. It is all I know. It is how I was raised and it is most definitely how my Dad would want us to behave and I believe he smiles when we carry on the behaviors he taught us! So, when we took a van full of kids, flew a Grandma Great, (Yup, Grandma Great on a plane!) Mom and Aunt to Washington to throw a first birthday for our little Greyson, one can only imagine what could happen.
However, I believe we were very well behaved! We toned it down quite a bit! Maybe that was because we couldn't take our eyes off of our new little nephew/cousin! Maybe it was because Mom told us too! Maybe it was because we are getting old! I am not sure but the trip was perfect and we soo enjoyed our time with Greyson. (Well, Bob and Stacy too but really-shh-don't tell--Greyson was the big hit! This is going to be hard for my little brother to take! He has always been the star of the show!!)
We rented a house that ended up being so close to Bob and Stacy's and spent the whole time introducing ourselves to the new little man in this strange family of ours. I have only gotten to see Greyson when he was in the hospital and was very sick. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed those visits and will treasure them always in my heart but this trip was "the bomb"! We loved playing with him, holding him and spoiling him. The kids got to play with him and the hardest part was leaving and knowing we will not see him again for awhile. So even though we can be a little crazy, I think we pulled off a very good 1st birthday party. And all I have left to say about that is, what a perfect weekend with a perfect family!

2 comments:

Bob and Stacy said...

We loved having you come visit!! Greyson has a look on his face that seems to say, "Dad I'm all rested, when are we going to the party again!?" He's helping me type right now! Thanks for everything it really was an awesome weekend. Hopefully it won't be to long and we can see each other again!

Anonymous said...

It sure was a fun weekend and I must say Tammy and Debbie did a great job getting the house all ready for the party. I loved everything and I am so proud of all of my grandchildren as well as my own kids and their spouses.

I hated leaving and know Greyson is going to keep doing such fun things and we won't be there. I am thankful for the blogs and pictures and the telephone to keep us in touch.

Love all of you
Grandma Terry