Saturday, October 18, 2008

ThAtS AlL fOlKs!!

Football season ended today for our Bulldog team. The boys sure tried hard and they played with a lot of heart! Jonathan's first season is over and he did awesome as he met new friends (Some kids have been playing for 3 years together!) new positions and basically just how to play the game. We are so very proud of him. The coaches gave little speeches at our dinner tonight about a just a select few of the kids. One speech was about our Jon and it made us beam with pride. The coaches talked about how Jonathan never complained, always did what he was told, supported everyone on the team, and never gave up no matter what. One of the coaches explained how at every game, he was up against someone bigger and sometimes half his size and he still only missed the tackle a handful of times. No, he wasn't the fastest one on the team and definitely didn't make the big plays but he was consistent and steady and showed character and that in my book makes him the best player out on the field!!! Way to go Jonny! You did great!!! We can't wait until next season to watch you play again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon that is the best thing any coach could say about a player. You are a trooper and we are so proud of you. I am just so glad you didn't get hurt when all those guys were so much bigger than you.

Love ya Grandma Terry

Aunt Tam said...

WOW! Jon you are so PERFECT! You always do your best at everything you do and it just makes us all so proud of you. I LOVE FOOTBALL and it was so fun to watch you play. Ground work for when you will be playin for the Boys in Blue!!!! We have missed you at Judo though and are looking( well Teila is looking) forward to "throwing you" when you get back. It was fun to be together.

Anonymous said...

It was a fun season. I love to watch football only when I know someone. I am very proud of you and your growing up to fast. I do love you and am so glad you are my nephew.

Can't wait for next year!

Love Aunt Nana

Bob and Stacy said...

Way to hang in there through a tough season. Wish we could have come and watch you play, but it was fun to text your mom and get the updates.

Liz I needed your help today, my shoes came untied at the Dr's and with Greyson in my arms I couldn't get them tied. Where were you when I needed you?