Sunday, October 26, 2008

TrAdItIoNs!

My mom decided to make some popcorn balls like we used to do when we were kids. Of course the main reason was to send some off to Bob, Stacy and Greyson but we like to think it was for us as well! (Ha ha Mom, I love you!) We have been a little concerned with Teila too! All of the things she has been saying lately have us a little worried about her childhood! A few examples could be, "I had my first chili dog last night." "I haven't ever roasted a marshmallow." "I don't believe I have ever sat around a campfire before." "Is there really this many stars in the sky?" It is starting to get us a little alarmed that she will be turning 14 soon and her lack of exposure she has with certain traditions! So, off to Grandma's we go after church today to make popcorn balls. The true experience was having 4 kids involved in the process and trying to keep them all focused, out of the treats, and still end up with popcorn balls worth eating!!!

Oh yea, while we were there Teila tried on her new dress for the upcoming Living Christmas Tree program she is singing in at our church! She is all grown up now! Oh my! It seems like yesterday......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teila looks so beautiful and so grown up. It is so fun watching her grow up and she is alot of fun. She is doing alot of new things and it is so nice to see.

I am so proud of her.

Love ya Grandma Terry

Steve and Tammy said...

Teila's dress is beautiful and she is beautiful in it. My mother-in-law makes great popcorn balls but mine are either too mushy or too crispy but.....you have inspired me to try again!! Thanks!