Monday, October 6, 2008

Special Friends and a Little Bit of Football!

We were able to go and watch two of my former students and now good family friends of ours, play tag football in Kuna. Elizabeth went to 1st grade with these boys so it was like a reunion for her and Jonathan just absolutely LOVES anything about football so it was a perfect morning. To be honest, we thought when we told Liz about our plans, she would panic and try every excuse in the book to not go. However, the first words out of her mouth were, "What time do we go?" As Saturday approached, we figured we would really hear it as the game was at 8:30 in Kuna so it meant an early morning. When we woke her up, dreading what was to come, she jumped up and exclaimed, "What do you think looks best mom for me to wear to the game?" Now, the plan has always been for her to marry Nathan (I am always scouting families for the perfect match for my kids! There is a lot to consider when choosing just the right one!! Just so you know both of my kids are already taken!) because remember I taught both of these boys and Zack broke many hearts in Kindergarten. So we were pushing for the best buddy thing with him and more of a commitment from Nathan. Well, we are pretty sure and it was made even clearer there are some special feelings that our daughter has for Zack and it might turn out a little differently than we had originally planned. Either way we are fine, we love both sets of parents so the extended family will be perfect whichever way it goes. (Even if that is what, at LEAST 14 years away!!) We had a great time and it opened up a new world for us with the whole tag football thing. We were confused a lot of the game and can't wait to go back to watch again. Zack and Nathan were all stars and we enjoyed watching them play! Thanks for inviting us and letting us come!!!

1 comment:

Steve and Tammy said...

You are a funny girl. I was just thinking I was doing so well on keeping up with the blog then I come on tonight and you have shown me I am not!! We love you all too and I will have to let Zack know he has been approved as a potential husband. Can't wait to catch up tomorrow!!